Recipe posted: 17th January 2021
A cozy dish that makes the perfect dinner...
This dish is a total treat for you and your family!
Personally, veggie pie reminds me of winter evenings! It makes such a cozy and comforting dish.
Ingredients in veggie pie
To make the pie dough, you will need all-purpose flour, cold water, salt and butter. You can use vegan butter or regular.
To make the filling, you will need, potatoes, onion, frozen peas, carrots, tomato puree and water.
Tools you will need to make this
You won't need much to make this recipe and you can make the pie dough by hand!
You will need:
- 1 pan
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 cutting board
- 1 pie dish
For measuring: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
A cozy dish that makes the perfect dinner...Prep: 40 Cook: 40 Total: 80 minutes
Yield 4-5 servings
For Pie Dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour + more for kneading
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter (vegan or regular)
- 3-4 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium-sized potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Start by making the dough. In a bowl, combine the flour with the butter and salt. Using your hands, mix together until the dough is all crumbly.
- Slowly add in the water, mixing together until the dough is formed.
- Transfer to a floured surface and set aside for now.
- Make the filling, add the oil to a pan and cook the onion.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and cook further.
- Add the salt, pepper, tomato paste, water and mix together.
- Once the potatoes and carrots are cooked, add the frozen peas.
- Let the filling cool down then preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Cut the dough in half then roll it out.
- Transfer the first half to the bottom of the pie dish then add the filling on top.
- Place the other half of the dough on top and seal the edges using a fork.
- Add some melted butter on top of the dough and optionally, some sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.