Vegan Coconut Cookies
Recipe posted: 2nd February 2021
Coconut and chocolate, one of the best flavors out there...
A quick and easy cookie recipe
I love cookies! I first made this recipe a year ago and was so surprised that without eggs and butter, they turned out so incredible.
Ingredients in coconut cookies
This recipe uses simple ingredients that one would already have in their pantry.
Use all-purpose flour for best results, combined with coconut. I'm pretty sure that coconut flour will work too, however I think the coconut flavor might be too heavy! Oat flour should work too here.
You can use coconut sugar or light brown sugar.
I have not tried using other oils in this recipe, I suggest sticking to the coconut oil here.
Use a flax egg for best results.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- Baking tray lined with parchment paper
- 2 mixing bowls
- Whisk to mix
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Vegan Coconut Cookies
Coconut and chocolate, one of the best flavors out there.Prep: 15 Cook: 12 Total: 27 minutes
Yield 8 Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup melted dairy-free chocolate for topping (optional)
- Start by preparing the flax egg and placing it in the fridge to set for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine the flax egg with the melted coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- The cookie dough should be quite dry and easy to handle.
- Form the dough into flat balls and place on the tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely then top with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for best results. Enjoy!
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.