Recipe posted: 21st February 2021
A warm, cozy, dinner or lunch idea...
A cozy dinner or lunch idea
Soup in winter is always my favorite dinner or lunch.
It's so easy to make and serves as a perfect leftover!
Ingredients in tortellini soup
You can adjust the cups of water according to your family members!
Use 1 small onion and about 2 garlic cloves.
Use any kind of tortellini you prefer. Meat or cheese filled for example.
Use tomato paste and tomato puree.
You will need chicken broth for this recipe, you can also use a “bullion cube” instead.
You can use fresh or frozen spinach and basil to top.
You can also use fresh parmesan to top or you may opt to leave it out.
You will also need some coconut milk or cream.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- 1 big pot
- 1 cutting board
For measuring: 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups spinach
- 17.7 oz 500g tortellini
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Basil to top
- Parsley to top
- Parmesan to top
- Start by chopping and mincing the onion and garlic.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the oil then add the tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Mix all together then add the tortellini.
- Mix in the tomato puree.
- Add the chicken broth and let simmer until the tortellini are 'al dente'.
- Mix in the spinach and turn off the heat.
- Mix in the coconut milk.
- Top with parsley, basil and parmesan cheese.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.