Strawberry Cream Cake
Recipe posted: 14th March 2021
This cake has the perfect combination of flavors, the strawberries really compliment the whipped cream and sponge!
The BEST treat you can have!
I will start off by saying that this cake is in no means healthy BUT why not treat yourself to an amazing baked good this weekend? We surely all deserve it! I love to eat a balanced diet consisting of nourishing foods and healthier desserts but I will definitely NOT feel guilty for enjoying many many slices of this delicious strawberry cream cake. For me, moderation is the key!
Ingredients in strawberry cream cake
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed. However, you can make this cake dairy-free by using vegan butter and vegan whipping cream.
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results.
Use granulated sugar, butter, eggs and baking powder for the cake.
You will need whipping cream and obviously fresh strawberries!
Tools you will need to make this
You will need:
- 2 cake pans or spring pan (I used a small one about 20cm)
- 1 mixing bowl + hand mixer OR stand mixer
- Spatula to mix
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may also want to try this!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Strawberry Cream Cake
This cake has the perfect combination of flavors, the strawberries really compliment the whipped cream and sponge!Prep: 30 Cook: 45 Total: 75 minutes
Yield about 8 thick slices
(Makes two layers/cakes)
- 2 cups sugar (320g)
- 11.35 oz butter (320g)
- 6 eggs
- 2 - 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (320g)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line two cake pans with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat the sugar with the butter until light and fluffy - about 6/8 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between each one.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Half the batter then pour into each cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let them cool completely then add your whipping cream on top of one layer, add chopped strawberries then add the other cake layer.
- On top of that, add some more whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Keep the cake refrigerated, enjoy!
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.