Recipe posted: 2nd February 2021
A soft, fruity cake that is perfect for tea time...
Moist HEAVENLY Strawberry Cake
This cake makes the perfect, tea time snack. The cake layer is so soft and moist and then you get that hint of sweet strawberry on top, the flavors combined are truly excellent.
Ingredients in strawberry cake
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
This recipe calls for a combination of oat and all-purpose flour. I have yet to try using just oat flour to make this but the combination of both flours really worked well here. If you do try, feel free to leave a comment below!
Use baking powder and salt.
Use 1 medium-sized egg for best results.
Use granulated sugar for best results.
You can use any milk you prefer for this recipe.
Use unsalted regular or dairy-free butter for best results. I haven't tried using oil instead.
You will need about a cup of strawberries, cut in half.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- Stand Mixer
- 1 mixing bowl
- Spatula to mix
- Aluminium Round Cake Pan 9 x 3-Inch
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may also want to try this!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
A soft, fruity cake that is perfect for tea time.Prep: 15 Cook: 30 Total: 45 minutes
Yield 9-12 slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the cake pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter with 1/2 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat further.
- In another bowl, add the flours, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Add some of the flour mixture into the other mixture and mix.
- Add some milk to the mixture and mix again.
- Alternate between the flour mixture and milk until everything is combined together.
- Cut the strawberries in half and set aside.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan then place the strawberries on top.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the strawberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, let cool then enjoy!
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.