Recipe posted: 21st February 2023
Who doesn't love dumplings?
The most comforting appetizer/side dish
I absolutely love dumplings but I know they can be intimidating and time consuming to make. That is why I've created an easy recipe with minimum ingredients of which everyone will love. The filling can be adjusted to whatever you like. You can use pork mince instead of shrimp for example. Feel free to be creative here!
Ingredients in Shrimp Dumplings
You will need all-purpose flour, water and salt to make the dough.
To make the filling you will need shrimp (can be fresh or frozen), onion, garlic, soy sauce, ginger (optional) and sesame oil.
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Shrimp Dumplings (made from scratch)
A fun recipe that is absolutely mouth watering!
Servings: 20 dumplings
- 2 bowls
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 circular shape I used a cup
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shrimp finely diced/minced
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, add the flour, water and salt together and mix using a wooden spoon.
- Mix until mixture comes together then place onto a flat surface and continue kneading the dough.
- Knead for 2 minutes until a soft ball is formed. Add more flour if needs be.
- Set aside the dough (make sure to cover) and start your filling.
- In another bowl, mix all the filling ingredients together until combined. Set aside.
- Grab your dough and roll out until fairly thin.
- Grab a circular shape and form your dumplings. You should manage to make around 20 shapes.
- Grab about a teaspoon of filling and place in the middle of your dough. Wet the edges of the dough. Grab the edges and form into a dumpling, pinching the sides.
- Repeat this step for all the dumplings.
- Add some butter to a frying pan, cook on medium heat.
- Add your dumplings and after a few seconds, add around 1/4 cup of water to the pan.
- Cover and let cook for a few minutes.
- Once the water is evaporated, uncover and let the dumplings cook further.
- Once the dumplings are a golden-brown colour they are ready to eat!
- Serve with soy sauce and enjoy!
Find the video tutorial on my Instagram.