Red Velvet Cupcakes
Recipe posted: 1st February 2021
A fun treat that everyone will enjoy!
The BEST red velvet cupcakes
This recipe is kept the same as it would be made traditionally with sugar, butter and eggs.
Ingredients in red velvet cupcakes
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Use all-purpose flour for best results, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Use granulated sugar and butter. You can use dairy-free butter if you prefer.
Use 3 medium-sized eggs.
Use milk, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to create a buttermilk effect. However you can always use buttermilk instead.
Use red food coloring. Make sure to use a strong and good brand to achieve best results. Do not use powdered food coloring for this recipe.
Tools you will need to make this
If you like this recipe, you may also want to try this!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes
A fun treat that everyone will enjoy!Prep: 15 Cook: 25 Total: 40 minutes
Yield 15 cupcakes
- 1 - 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and line the muffin tray with cases.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the sugar with the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs one by one, mixing in between.
- In another bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and slowly add the milk mixture to it.
- Mix everything until combined.
- Mix in the red food coloring.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cases then bake for 20-25 minutes.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.