Quinoa Energy Balls
Recipe posted: 8th April 2021
An easy snack idea that your taste buds will LOVE!
A perfect snack to prep ahead
With only a few ingredients you can make the most delicious chocolatey balls that contain healthy ingredients to boost your energy throughout the day. A perfect afternoon pick-me-up!
Ingredients in quinoa energy balls
This recipe uses simple ingredients that one would already have in their pantry.
Use pitted dates and soak them in hot water before using to make the blending process easier.
You can use walnuts or any other nut you prefer such as almonds.
You will need smooth peanut butter or any other nut butter.
Use organic cocoa powder and dark chocolate.
You will also need maple syrup or honey if not making vegan.
Finally, you will need cooked quinoa.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- 1 food processor
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 pot + bowl to melt the chocolate
- Spatula to mix
- 1 baking tray lined with parchment paper
For measuring: 1 tbs, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Quinoa Energy Balls
An easy snack idea that your taste buds will LOVE!Prep: 10 Cook: 30 Total: 40 minutes
Yield 11 balls
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 5.3oz (150g) dark chocolate
- Sea salt to top
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the baking tray.
- Spread the cooked quinoa on the tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Make sure to check the quinoa every 10-15 minutes to avoid burning it.
- Once it's crispy, blend the dates, walnuts, peanut butter, cocoa powder and maple syrup using a food processor.
- Add the quinoa and pulse for a couple of times.
- In the meantime, melt your chocolate.
- Form the mixture into balls and dip into your melted chocolate. Top with sea salt!
- Refrigerate for about an hour then enjoy! You can also freeze these to prep ahead.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.