Plum Loaf with Crumble
Recipe posted: 23rd April 2021
If you love fruity cakes then this one is definitely for you!
The crumble is EVERYTHING!
This loaf makes the perfect weekend treat and little baking project! If you don't like plums you can use any fruit you love - peaches would go great in this loaf!
Ingredients in plum loaf
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results.
I used golden cane sugar and it makes this loaf so delicious! If you don't have this on hand you can use regular granulated sugar or cane sugar.
Use butter and milk. You can easily make this dairy-free by using nut milk and vegan butter.
You will need 2 eggs, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla.
For the crumble you will need golden cane sugar (or granulated), all-purpose flour, cinnamon and melted butter of your choice.
Tools you will need to make this
You will need:
- 1 loaf tin
- 1 mixing bowl and hand mixer or stand mixer
- 2 bowls
- Spatula to mix
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Plum Loaf with Crumble
If you love fruity cakes then this one is definitely for you!Prep: 15 Cook: 50 Total: 65 minutes
Yield around 9 slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup golden cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 - 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced and peeled plum/peach
- 3 tablespoons golden cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the loaf tin.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between.
- Mix in the vanilla and milk.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the plums.
- Transfer to the loaf tin and make the crumble.
- Combine all the crumble ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix on top of the loaf , fully covering it.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool, slice then enjoy!
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.