Recipe posted: 22nd March 2021
The FLUFFIEST cake you will ever taste...
A soft, fluffy coffee cake
I fell head over heels IN LOVE with this loaf. Scared to admit that I devoured the whole loaf within a day and a half but I guess that means the recipe was a total success haha! It is so unbelievably fluffy and moist that one slice just doesn't cut it. It makes the perfect mid-day snack to go with your coffee and tea!
Ingredients in orange loaf
This recipe uses simple ingredients that one would already have in their pantry.
Use all-purpose flour for best results. I have not tried other flours but if you do, feel free to leave a comment below!
You will need coconut oil or any other oil such as vegetable/sunflower. I used organic coconut oil from Good Earth Malta.
Use baking powder and salt.
You will need 2 eggs.
You will also need granulated sugar.
Lastly, you will need orange juice and orange zest. I used about 2/3 oranges.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 loaf pan, lightly oiled
- 1 whisk
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
The FLUFFIEST cake you will ever taste!Prep: 15 Cook: 40 Total: 55 minutes
Yield 6-8 slices
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the coconut oil and orange juice and mix until combined.
- Add the orange zest and vanilla and mix.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, let cool and enjoy.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.