Recipe posted: 7th March 2021
A delicious and easier alternative to pizza...
Naan bread with all the delicious pizza toppings
One of my favorite Indian foods has got to be garlic naan. I recreated a vegan garlic naan recipe a year ago and now I've transformed it into a vegan naan pizza. I hope you guys love it as much as I do!
Ingredients in naan pizza
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed. However, I have tried making this with my sourdough discard and you can too! If you decide to try it use:
- 1/2 cup sourdough discard
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 - 1/2 cups flour
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results. I haven't tested other flours yet but if you do, feel free to leave a comment below!
Use instant yeast and granulated sugar.
You will also need plain vegan yogurt if you want to make this vegan-friendly. You can also use regular plain yogurt.
You will need olive oil, water and salt.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- Baking tray/pizza tray lined with parchment paper
- 1 big bowl
- 1 skillet or frying pan
For measuring: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegan plain yogurt I used this one: https://goodearth.com.mt/products?s=Alpro+Natural+PBAY+500g
- 2 - 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a bowl, add the sugar and yeast together.
- Add the flour, salt, water, yogurt and olive oil and mix until combined into a dough.
- Knead for a couple of minutes then place in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise for an hour.
- Once the dough has doubled its size, place it on a floured surface and cut into 4 pieces.
- Prepare your toppings: I used pizza sauce, vegan cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Heat up a skillet/frying pan with oil.
- Preheat the oven to 480°F/250°C and line the baking/pizza tray with parchment paper or some flour.
- Roll out the dough (not too thin) and once the oil has heated, add it to the pan.
- Add your toppings then once the base has cooked (about 2-5 minutes), transfer to the oven and let the cheese melt. You can use the broil function to get a golden top! Enjoy.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.