Recipe posted: 7th January 2021
A cozy, hearty dinner idea...
A healthy, wholesome weeknight dinner
I love a good soup in the winter! Lasagna is definitely one of my favorite comfort dishes and combining that dish into soup just makes the perfect combination.
Ingredients in lasagna soup
You can mix around with the spices in this recipe and adjust the cups of water/lasagna sheets/amount of beef according to your family members!
Use lean minced beef for best results. You can also add some ground sausage to it.
Use 1 small onion and 2-3 garlic cloves.
Use tomato paste and marinara sauce, you can make your own sauce or use a store bought brand.
You will need chicken broth for this recipe, you can also use a “bullion cube” instead.
Use any kind of lasagna sheets you’d like!
You may mix and combine any cheese you prefer. I decided to use parmesan and mozzarella cheese for this recipe.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- 1 big pot
- 1 cutting board
- Weighing scale
For measuring: 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
A cozy, hearty dinner idea.
Prep: 20 Cook: 25 Total: 45 minutes Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 pound lean minced beef (250-300g)
- 1 small-medium onion
- 2-3 garlic gloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 big jar of marinara sauce (800g)
- 2-4 cups chicken broth (start with 2 then add accordingly)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 10 lasagna sheets
- 2 cups spinach (frozen/fresh)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (optional)
- 1/2 cup ricotta (optional)
- Start by cooking the beef on medium heat.
- Once it starts to brown, take out the meat and get rid of the excess fat in the pot.
- In the same pot, cook the onion then garlic.
- Add salt and pepper, spices (if using), tomato paste, marinara sauce and mix to combine.
- Add in the meat then the chicken broth and keep mixing until combined.
- Add in the lasagna sheets (break them if necessary) and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach – if using frozen spinach, make sure to add it before the pasta gets soft.
- Once the pasta is done, throw in the cheese mixture and mix to combine.
- Serve with extra parsley and olive oil.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.