Dark Chocolate Oat Cookies
Recipe posted: 10th January 2021
Decadent, rich chocolate oat cookies…
Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside!
I just love a good oat cookie and sometimes I need one with all the good stuff like butter and sugar. This recipe is just it. I couldn’t let them cool once they came out of the oven, they were just so good!
Ingredients in dark chocolate oat cookies
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results. I haven't tested other flours yet but if you do, feel free to leave a comment below!
Use brown sugar or coconut sugar and regular granulated sugar for this recipe.
Use baking soda and a cup of regular rolled oats.
Any chocolate can be used for this recipe, I decided to use dark chocolate.
Use 2 regular-sized eggs for best results.
NOTE ** I have not tried to make these without refrigerating first, the longer they sit in the fridge the better the outcome, but 30 minutes is enough to achieve good results.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- Baking tray lined with parchment paper
- 1 stand mixer with bowl or hand mixer
- Spatula to mix
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Dark Chocolate Oat Muffins
Decadent, rich chocolate oat cookies.Prep: 20 Cook: 15 Total: 35 minutes Yield 30 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks/chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a bowl using a hand mixer), whisk the butter and sugars until light and fluffy – around 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one by one, whisking to combine in between.
- Add in the vanilla and mix further.
- Mix in the flour, oats, baking soda and salt until combined into a thick dough.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks/chips with a spatula.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of dough onto the baking tray and slightly flatten them.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.