Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Recipe posted: 13th January 2021
Love cinnamon rolls? Then this one is for you...
The BEST cinnamon roll cookies ever
I instantly fell in love with this recipe after making it. I'm a BIG fan of cinnamon rolls but I know that they aren't the easiest dessert to make. So, these cinnamon roll cookies make the perfect replacement.
Ingredients in cinnamon roll cookies
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results. I haven't tested other flours but if you do, feel free to leave me a comment below!
Use vegan butter or regular butter if not making dairy-free. Same goes for the milk, use nut or whole milk.
Use 1 medium-sized eggs for best results.
Use coconut sugar or brown sugar and granulated sugar for best results.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- Baking tray
- Stand mixer + bowl
- Small bowl
- Spatula to mix
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Love cinnamon rolls? Then this one is for you.Prep: 40 Cook: 20 Total: 60 minutes
Yield 14 cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar/brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
For Cookie Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Start by making the filling, add everything to a small bowl and mix.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix further.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix slowly until it forms a thick cookie dough.
- Finally, add the milk slowly, mixing to combine.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the baking tray.
- Roll out the cookie dough on a piece of parchment paper and flatten it.
- Spread the filling all over the dough.
- Roll the dough towards you, then cut it into thin slices (to form the cookie).
- Spread out the cookies on the tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.