Recipe posted: 10th January 2021
A warm, cozy, dinner or lunch idea...
A healthy, cozy dinner or lunch idea
Soup in winter is always my favorite dinner or lunch.
It's so easy to make and serves as a perfect leftover!
Ingredients in carrot soup
You can adjust the cups of water/carrots according to your family members!
Bacon is only optional. This recipe can easily be made vegan-friendly.
Use 1 medium-sized onion.
Use tomato paste and coconut milk or cream.
You will need chicken broth for this recipe, you can also use a “bullion cube” instead.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- 1 big pot
- 1 cutting board
For measuring: 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
A cozy, hearty dinner/lunch idea.Prep: 10 Cook: 30 Total: 40 minutes Yield 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Parsley to top
- Start by cooking the bacon and onion on medium heat.
- Once they start to brown, add the chopped carrots.
- Add the salt, pepper and tomato paste and mix to combine.
- Add the chicken broth and mix.
- Let simmer until the carrots become tender.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, blend the soup until the texture resembles that of a thick soup.
- Transfer back to the pot and add the coconut milk, stir until combined.
- Serve with parsley and olive oil.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.