Recipe posted: 10th January 2021
Decadent, fudgy brownie muffins...
The MOST decadent muffins ever
These muffins were a major hit at our house! They truly hit the spot, especially when they're served warm with a side of ice-cream or whipped cream. This recipe can be made dairy-free or regular.
Ingredients in brownie muffins
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results. I haven't tested other flours yet but if you do, feel free to leave a comment below!
Use a combination of brown sugar or coconut sugar and granulated sugar. I wouldn't try subbing the sugar for anything else because it gives it that wonderful caramelized brownie texture.
You may use vegan butter to make this dairy-free or regular unsalted butter.
Use organic cocoa powder to make this dairy-free.
Use 2 regular-sized eggs for best results.
Use vegan chocolate to keep this dairy-free.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- Muffin tins
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 small bowl
- Spatula to mix
- Whisk to mix
For measuring: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Decadent, fudgy brownie muffins.
Prep: 10 Cook: 25 Total: 35 minutes Yield 8 muffins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 - 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Start by melting the butter in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the muffin tins on a baking tray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the melted butter and sugars and whisk until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix further.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix again.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the muffin tins, filling each a little bit more than halfway.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.