Brownie Mousse Cake
Recipe posted: 15th March 2021
Two layers of chocolate goodness, made with only healthy ingredients...
A perfect idea for your vegan guests
With only a few ingredients, you can make this delicious brownie mousse cake. Start by making the brownie layer, baking it and letting it cool off. The mousse layer has only two ingredients and needs to be kept to set in the fridge overnight.
Ingredients in brownie mousse cake
This recipe uses simple ingredients that one would already have in their pantry.
Use pitted dates and soak them in hot water before using.
You can use dairy-free milk or regular.
You will need smooth peanut butter or any other nut butter for the brownie layer.
Use organic cocoa powder and dark chocolate.
You will also need some almond flour or roasted almonds (blended).
Finally, you will need baking soda and baking powder.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- 1 food processor
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 pot + bowl to melt the chocolate
- Spatula to mix
- 1 spring cake pan (I used a 20cm one)
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try these!
Recipe and photographs by The Heavenly Bakes
Brownie Mousse Cake
Two layers of chocolate goodness, made with only healthy ingredients!Prep: 20 Cook: 20 Total: 40 minutes
Yield 6-8 slices
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 15 oz coconut milk (445ml)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the spring cake pan.
- In a food processor, blend the dates, milk, peanut butter and vanilla together.
- Add the mixture to a bowl then add the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Chop the dark chocolate then mix into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Once the brownie layer is done, let cool completely.
- Make the mousse, melt the dark chocolate with the coconut milk and mix together until combined.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Once it's chilled, add the mousse to the top of the brownie layer then refrigerate all together, overnight.
Leave a comment or review below!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.